Cobargo is on the long road to recovery from the devastating impacts of the 2019-2020 bushfires. The main street rebuild is prioritising resilience and energy efficiency to ensure that we are better able to face future disasters. We have an opportunity to move forward in a way that makes us more self sufficient and less dependent on importing electricity from the grid and on petroleum products from around the world.
Our goals are to:
- Promote energy resilience and energy efficiency and reduce energy bills
- Create awareness and support for renewable energy
- Develop a Future Energy Plan for the district to transition to a resilient energy supply
- Increase local renewable energy generation and move towards net zero emissions
- Keep increased financial benefits locally